Monday, April 30, 2007

The return of the House Martins...

I've been watching the skies around Dunbar for several weeks now, awaiting the return of these wonderful wee birds from Africa. We ourselves have a nest under the eaves built by House Martins. This morning, on the way to work, as I passed through Haddington, I saw several House Martins swooping around above the buildings in the town. Then at lunchtime in Gifford, I spotted a couple again. And back home this evening, they were here too! Remarkable that East Lothian's contingent all seem to have arrived at the same time!

I am a little surprised that they have taken until the last day of April to arrive here again though, as in previous years, they have often appeared around the third week of the month. However, they're back, safely, and I'm happy!
post signature

0 Comments: